What is "Active Living"?
What is the "Active Living Alliance of Grey-Bruce"?
- Active Living is a way of life in which physical activity is valued and integrated into one's daily life
- Active Living focuses on everyday activities in our homes, communities and workplaces. Included are a range of activities from walking or gardening to jogging and recreational sports
- Active Living is finding active ways to spend your leisure time!
- The concept of Active Living was developed in 1986 at the Canadian Summit on Fitness. Active Living encourages Canadians to be physically active beyond the traditional framework of "fitness". Canada is recognized as a world leader in the development of strategies that promote physical activity.
- People enjoy physical activity because they feel better, have fun, make new friends, have more energy for daily activities and gain more control over their lives!
The Active Living Alliance of Grey-Bruce, in partnership with agencies, organizations and community members, is committed to promoting wellness and active lifestyles by the concept of active living within Grey and Bruce Counties.
If you are enthusiastic about active living and would like to share some of your energy to motivate others, you can be a valuable member of our team! Please contact the
Grey Bruce Health Unit at 376-9420 or 1-800-263-3456, or e-mail us at
- To promote a consistent message that reinforces the importance of active living.
- To support and encourage individuals, groups, schools and worksites to adopt the active living concept.
- To provide an opportunity for resource sharing and collaboration between members.
- To identify gaps in active living programs/services and to plan ways to address these gaps.
- To endorse community programs that support the active living concept.
- The Active Living Alliance of Grey-Bruce is a member of Grey-Bruce Heart Health.
Links to sites which promote and support Active Living:
Heart Health Home Page